Black Women Rising
Michelle Blue -- Episode #039
November 09, 2021
The wait is over; we're back and welcoming Michelle Blue to the podcast. Michelle is the founder of Bene', a luxury scarf company, and a new show, The Journey With Blue. Michelle's first company was voted as Mashable's Top Black-Owned Businesses Changing the World. She is also the recipient of Southern Living's Beauty Awards and a TedTalk speaker.
In this episode, Michelle gets candid about her journey as an entrepreneur, her new show and shares her insights about the importance of vision and commitment.
- [00:02:57] Are you an audacious thinker?
- [00:05:27] What a petition for snacks and a trip to Ghana taught Jessica about the audaciousness
- [00:08:05] What is failing forward
- [00:10:28] Working through frustrations and setbacks in life and business
- [00:19:41] How Jessica's brazen spirit lead her to create her first business two weeks after graduating from college
- [00:23:13] Have you ever wished you could go behind the glossy pictures on Instagram and get the truth about building a business? - Tune into Michelle's new show - The Journey with Blue
- [00:30:53] Michelle's three pillars of success - and how you can adopt them
Support the show
Music by Dj Quads